Betsy Segal obtained her undergraduate degree in Kinesiology from Simon Fraser University. She received her LL.B. from the University of British Columbia in 2007, before joining Singleton Urquhart for her articles.
While at law school, Ms. Segal was rewarded for her advocacy skills, winning several prizes including the gold medal for litigation in the International Competition in Online Dispute Resolution, the Tory’s Prize for Advocacy and the Attorney General’s Award for Best Closing Argument in the Peter Burns Competitive Trial Moot.
Ms. Segal has appeared in both Supreme and Provincial Courts, and has assisted with matters at the Court of Appeal. She has a general civil litigation practice, with a focus in the areas of commercial litigation, construction law, civil fraud and insurance defence.
- Bachelor of Science, Simon Fraser University: 2003
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia: 2007
- Called to the British Columbia Bar: 2008
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Insurance Law Section
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Construction
Fencing, skiing, traveling, cooking, and film.