Mr. Holland is a corporate/commercial solicitor with experience in corporate reorganizations, acquisitions, shareholders agreements, estate planning and commercial lending and borrowing. He has acted as counsel for several companies with regard to the acquisition of commercial real estate. He has negotiated and drafted a wide variety of documents including share and asset purchase agreements, commercial leases, franchise agreements, agreements involving the development, distribution, licensing and assignment of computer software, and employment, distribution, publishing and licensing agreements. He also advises clients with respect to compliance with privacy laws.
He has carried out the incorporation, restoration, windup, dissolution and amalgamation of several companies.
Mr. Holland also provides legal advice with respect to the drafting of construction contracts, tendering documents, requests for proposals, public-private partnerships (P3s), and has negotiated several major infrastructure contracts.
- Bachelor of Arts, International Relations, University of British Columbia: 1986
- Bachelor of Laws, Dalhousie Law School: 1989
- Called to the Ontario Bar: 1991
- Called to the British Columbia Bar: 1992
- Author of several articles relating to legal issues for a variety of publications
- Speaker at various conferences and seminars on a variety of business and construction law topics
- Member, Canadian Bar Association Business, Real Estate, Construction, Wills and Estates, and Banking Subsections
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association Membership and Business of Law Subcommittees
- Former Director and Treasurer of Tamahnous Theatre Society
- Former Director and Treasurer of the Contemporary Art Gallery Society of British Columbia
- Presently Director and Treasurer CBA (BC) Benevolent Society
- Presently Director and Vice President, Vancouver International Centre for Contemporary Asian Art
- Presently Co-Chair of the Lawyers Battle of the Bar Bands