Steve practices primarily in the area of civil litigation, with an emphasis on construction-related disputes. He also provides advice to various interests in the construction industry and various insurers on matters including procurement, builders liens, construction defect and warranty claims, professional liability and delay claims.
Since being called to the British Columbia Bar in 1998, he has represented clients in a wide variety of matters including:
- Defence of design professionals and contractors in construction-related liability claims
- Defence of personal injury and property damage claims on behalf of liability insurers
- Advising local governments, government agencies and private owners on procurement and builders lien issues
- Defence of local governments in complex claims
- Providing opinions on coverage and advancing subrogation recovery claims on behalf of insurers
- Advancing and defending corporate commercial disputes
Steve has appeared as counsel in all levels of the British Columbia courts and participates regularly in mediations and other forms of dispute resolution.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar: 1998
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia: 1997
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Western Ontario: 1993
- Member, CBA Insurance Law Section
- Member, CBA Construction Law Section
Steve is married with two daughters. In his free time, he enjoys playing and coaching soccer.