At Singleton Reynolds, our people are what makes us great. We come together every day with the common goal of providing exceptional legal services and ensuring we go above and beyond for each and every client.
The range of backgrounds of the partners, counsel, associates and staff of Singleton Reynolds enables us to offer a broad range of services.
Singleton Reynolds’ lawyers spend a significant amount of time researching and thinking about how industry or legislative changes could affect your business.
Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP is recognized as a leader in construction and infrastructure, insurance, commercial litigation, real estate and business law.
Singleton Reynolds has offices to serve you in Vancouver and Toronto.
Singleton Reynolds believes in community. Our team members are teaching at Canadian universities and abroad, lecturing the next generation of lawyers.
How was Singleton Reynolds first established? Find out more here.
Recognizing the leadership that contributes to the company successes.
Singleton Reynolds prides itself in being a leader in corporate social responsibility. We encourage diversity, charity, mentorship, civic dedication and neighbourhood support.
Singleton Reynolds strives to understand the balance between your career and your personal goals and encourages our legal and operations staff in the pursuit of their interests outside of the firm.
We are always on the lookout for talented professionals to contribute to our team. Singleton Reynolds offers a professional and challenging work environment, with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Our goal is to develop strong lawyers from student right through to partner. Mentoring and training start when you are a student and continue throughout your practice.
Darren Stewart has practiced law for almost ten years and has maintained a focus on estate and trust litigation. Darren often counsels clients in avoiding and resolving disputes without requiring court intervention. He also has extensive experience in the courtroom, and can run a trial as needed to better secure the best possible outcomes.
Darren specializes in representing beneficiaries or executors in a wide variety of disputes, or circumstances requiring court intervention that arise in the context of the administration of a deceased person’s estate. Darren has achieved success in bringing and defending claims to vary a will and claims involving allegations of incapacity against a will-maker. Darren also has a specialty in handling guardianship issues.
Additionally, Darren has worked in the defense of insured liability claims involving injury, occupiers’ liability, property damages or professional liability claims brought against a variety of professionals. He also represents extra-provincial automobile insurers in claims brought against their insureds in British Columbia.
Darren is a member of the Estate Planning Council of Vancouver, and he is a frequent writer on estate and trust-related topics.
• Represented beneficiary children or spouses in bringing a successful claim under the Wills, Estates and Succession Act to vary the will of their parent and where necessary conducted a trial to achieve that result
• Successfully challenged or defended claims brought to reverse a gift that was made during the life of a deceased person – such as the transfer of a home or bank account into trust with another family member
• Assisted executors, administrators or trustees to pass accounts and administer estates in variety of different circumstances, including where litigation is threatened or a difficult relationship with or among the beneficiaries exists
• Proved or challenged the validity of planning documents such as a power of attorney or will due to undue influence or incapacity due to age, illness or injury
• Brought or defended unjust enrichment claims
• Assisted executors or beneficiaries in disputes over executor’s fees or accounts
• Worked with family members where financial abuse of an elderly or disabled individual has occurred
• Defending injury or occupiers’ liability claims brought against insured individuals or businesses
• Conducting subrogated claims
• Defending claims brought against drivers insured by U.S. based insurers after accidents that occur in British Columbia
• Defending claims brought against construction or other professionals for damage to property or injury
Articles | Jan 9, 2019
Publications | Jan 6, 2018
Publications | Mar 23, 2017
Publications | Jun 28, 2016
Or call Darren at (604) 673-7464
This field is required