Dr. Jane Ingman Baker is a Partner practicing in the area of civil litigation with an emphasis on construction, municipal and professional liability, and environmental matters. Jane is a member of the Construction and Infrastructure, Insurance, Commercial Litigation and Professional Liability Law Groups, and is the Co-Chair of the firm’s Conflicts Committee.
She has experience in complex large litigation matters, including class actions, precedent setting coverage disputes, and environmental claims. She represents a variety of clients as defense counsel, and, in addition, acts as coverage counsel for both insurers and others. Jane also represents contractors in a broad variety of matters.
Jane actively seeks out and employs alternative dispute resolution techniques, and works to resolve conflicts efficiently and effectively.
• Member, Canadian Bar Association
• Member, Urban Development Institute
• Adjunct Professor , Faculty of Medicine University of British Columbia
• Lecturer, Construction Law 439, University of British Columbia Faculty of Law
• Workshop leader -Expert Evidence Forum, The Canadian Institute
• Past Vice Chair, The Child and Family Research Institute at Children’s Hospital
• Past Vice Chair, Dunbar Community Center Association
• Active in the community of Dunbar in land use issues, community recreation and earthquake preparedness