Jessica Taylor is a civil litigator experienced in commercial and business litigation. In addition to trial experiences at both the provincial and superior court levels, Jessica has appeared before a number of tribunals, and has participated in multiple mediations and arbitrations. She has also represented clients in foreign jurisdictions seeking the enforcement of foreign judgments in British Columbia, and clients in this jurisdiction seeking to resist the enforcement of foreign judgments.
Jessica’s litigation experience includes acting for commercial clients in actions pertaining to:
- construction disputes
- contract disputes
- debt claims
- lease disputes
- corporate oppression and corporate opportunity claims
- Charter infringement claims
In addition to general civil litigation, Jessica has extensive experience in health law, and has represented health care professionals, as well as private health care business owners.
Her health law experience includes representing:
- professional regulation defending health care professionals, such as physicians, nurses, dentists and chiropractors, in professional regulation disputes before their respective colleges;
- defending health care institutions and businesses in negligence actions and informed consent claims
- advising private sector health care clinics, and physician-entrepreneurs, in matters ranging from legislative compliance to commercial disputes
- advising health care professionals in the medical marijuana space, as well as medicinal marijuana business owners ranging from dispensaries to commercial growers, on legislative compliance, liability mitigation, and licensing schemes and applications
- teaching as a guest lecturer on Medical Law and Ethics yearly at both the UBC Faculty of Medicine and the UBC Faculty of Law
Jessica also advises clients on workplace law matters involving:
- employment contracts
- commercial and employer host liability
- policies and issues relating to privacy, substance abuse, and harassment
Jessica’s speaks both Spanish and English fluently.